herb salmon cakes that are low carb, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, so
delicious and flavourful served with a lemon dill aioli. Serve these as an
appetizer or as a main dish along with a side salad.
wild caught salmon that has been baked in the oven, chilled and flaked. Mixed with
fresh green and red peppers, onions, garlic and fresh herbs. The salmon cakes
are incredibly moist and to keep these low carb and Whole30 we used almond flour
as a binder to help form the patties.
help give these salmon cakes their vibrant colour and to make these drool
worthy, we added some sautéed red and green peppers as well a yellow onion. Add
some fresh chopped parsley and dill to bring some freshness to the dish along
with some seasoning and you’ve got a delicious salmon cake that is mouth-watering
your guests won’t be able to resist!
the salmon cakes as an appetizer with a simple lemon dill aioli made with
Whole30 mayo, grainy Dijon mustard, fresh chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice
and pepper or pair these with our delicious fresh cucumber radish salad to make
this into a meal.
Zesty herb salmon cakes that are low carb, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, so delicious and flavourful served with a lemon dill aioli. Serve these as an appetizer or as a main dish along with a side salad.
Author: the communal feast
Salt & pepper
1medium yellow onionfinely chopped
1green pepperfinely chopped
1red pepperfinely chopped
2tspground yellow mustard
1tbspgrainy Dijon mustard
1/3cupfresh chopped parsley
½cupfresh chopped dill
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Dill Aoili
Juice of 1 lemon
3tbspfresh chopped dill
1tbspgrainy Dijon mustard
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2. Drizzle the salmon with a tablespoon of olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook for 13-15 minutes depending on the size and thickness until its cooked through.
3. While the salmon is cooking, dice the onion and bell peppers. Chop the fresh dill and parsley, set aside.
4. Remove the salmon from the oven and cool in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
5. While the salmon is cooling, add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan and sauté the onion and bell peppers for 5-6 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Remove from the heat and let cool.
6. To flake the salmon, use your hands to flake pieces off the cooled salmon removing the skin and adding them into a large mixing bowl. Next add the onion and bell peppers along with the dill, parsley, paprika, lemon zest, a dash of savory, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, almond flour and eggs. Combine all ingredients with your hands until well mixed.
7. Form the salmon mixture into small patties with your hands and set aside.
8. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. I suggest trying to cook one salmon cake to start to make sure your cakes stay together especially when your ready to flip them. Cook the salmon patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the salmon patties to a paper towel lined plate. (If your cakes are falling apart when you try to flip them you’ll need to add more almond flour or make the patties smaller)
9. Serve the salmon patties with the lemon dill mayonnaise or our cucumber radish salad.
For the Lemon Dill Aioli
1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl, stir to combine.
To make the Whole30 Mayo: Ingredients:1 wholeeggjuice of 1/2 lemon about 1/2 tablespoon2 teaspoon mustard powder2-3 medium cloves garlic peeled and smashed1 cup light-tasting olive oil Pinch of Kosher salt1. Place all ingredients in a large jar where your immersion blender will fit.2. Place head of immersion blender down into the mixture, all the way down to the bottom of the jar. Turn on low speed. Do not move the head until a white, creamy, thick mayo forms at the bottom by the head – this will take a few seconds. Increase the speed to medium and then to high. Begin to slowly tilt and lift the immersion blender in order to emulsify all the oil; turn the blender off and use the head to push down the oil at the top if necessary. When all oil is emulsified, remove blender and season with salt to taste.