Baked sweet potato fries seasoned with taco seasoning loaded with all kinds of delicious toppings like fresh pico de gallo, fresh guacamole, sour cream and spicy beef. Perfect for game night or just a casual dinner
Raise your hands if you love French fries!! I’m not this counts as healthy but hey we totally tried! My husband and I love sharing fries so why not put a healthy twist on fries supreme with baked sweet potato fries loaded with all our favorite toppings.
We made our own sweet potato fries, its super easy but sometimes they don’t turn out so we totally forgive you guys if you opt for the frozen kind. The trick is to cut all the fries the same size and when you bake them simply toss in a small amount of olive oil, do not over saturate the fries in oil and toss half way.
The rest of the ingredients are easy to make, prep the pico, guac and spicy beef while the fries are cooking and have everything ready to plate.
Easy, delicious, healthy game day worthy loaded fries!
1. Pre heat oven to 425F degrees
2. Place sweet potato fries on a baking tray, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil or use olive oil cooking sray, do not over saturate with oil, add taco seasoning and salt & pepper.
Toss fries and bake in the oven for 15 minutes then flip and bake for another 20 minutes or more until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
3. While the fries are baking, prepare the toppings.
4. To make the pico: Add all ingredients to a bowl, stir and season well with salt & pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
5. To make the spicy beef -optional if vegetarian skip this step and feel free to add black beans to your fries. Heat a pan on medium high heat, add the ground beef along with taco sauce and a dash of hot sauce. Using a spatula break down the ground beef into small pieces and continue to cook until meat is fully cooked about 5 minutes.
6. Add fries to a baking dish, preferably one that you can serve the dish right out of. Add the shredded cheese and bake until the cheese melts. Feel free to broil for the last 30 seconds to crisp up the fries.
7. Next top the fries with ground beef, optional to drizzle with hot sauce, add the sour cream, guac and pico de gallo.
8. Garnish with chopped green onions, chopped cilantro and sliced jalepenos
9. Serve immediately.