Healthy weeknight dinner ready in under 30 minutes! Buttery rich salmon fillets topped with a basil dill mayonnaise and crusted with pistachios baked in the oven for an effortless elegant meal!
This is hands down one of our go to favorite salmon recipes! It’s great because you only need a few ingredients and the salmon is baked in the oven keeping the mess and kitchen clean up to a minimum which is also a plus!
Salmon is such a great protein and healthy way to add some Omega3 and heathy fats to your diet. The salmon fillets are covered in a basil dill mayonnaise and then topped with chopped pistachios baked until golden and the salmon reaches a medium-well.
Serve on top of a salad with mixed greens, grilled corn, red onions and cherry tomatoes or alongside your favorite vegetables.
Don’t forget to share and tag us on social media! @thecommunalfeast
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Fillet the salmon into 6 oz pieces and season with salt & pepper.
3. Line a baking tray with foil and lightly spray the tray with cooking spray to prevent the salmon skin from sticking.
4, Place the salmon fillets skin side down.
To make the basil dill mayo:
5. Combined the mayo, sour cream, basil, dill, garlic, Dijon, lemon juice and salt & pepper. Give it a good stir. Taste and adjust accordingly. I personally love the taste of fresh herbs so I tend to adjust the sauce so that you can really taste the basil and dill.
6. Top each salmon fillet with a generous portion of basil dill mayo. Next add the chopped pistachios and gently press down into the salmon.
7. Lightly spray the salmon with olive oil and bake for 13-15 minutes depending on the size and thickness of fillets.
8. Carefully remove the salmon fillets from the baking tray and serve either over top a salad or alongside your favorite veggies. Garnish with fresh dill and a side of basil dill mayo!