Tender juicy grilled boneless chicken thighs marinated in garlic, herbs, paprika, cayenne, red chilies and maple syrup. Full of flavor and easy to make- served with a grilled corn succotash.
We’ve got a quick marinade using basic pantry staples. Paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder and some salt & pepper mixed with olive oil, maple syrup, fresh chopped parsley and chopped red chilies. Marinade for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Really let that sink in and soak into the chicken.
The longer you marinade the chicken the juicier it will be. Marinating the meat will help to tenderize the chicken and the end result will be a succulent chicken thigh bursting with flavor with no dryness. We usually marinade these first thing in the morning and place the chicken in the fridge until we’re ready to cook.
In the summer, nothing beats grilled corn. We do a lot of that around here! It’s probably one of our favorite side dishes. I had some extra produce kicking around and decided to make a grilled corn succotash to serve on the side. It sounds a little weird if you’ve never heard this term before it just a mixture of corn blended with other things. Its great because it’s so versatile, you can used a variety of veggies, toss them together with seasoning and olive oil.
When barbecuing chicken it’s important to set the grill to medium-low, the high heat will dry out the chicken. Make sure to spray your grill with cooking spray before hand as chicken in general tends to stick to the grill because of the high heat. To finish the chicken we brushed the thighs with melted maple syrup butter and garnished with a pinch of paprika and fresh chopped parsley.
Tender juicy grilled boneless chicken thighs marinated in garlic, herbs, paprika, cayenne, red chilies and maple syrup. Full of flavor and easy to make served with a grilled corn succotash.
Course: Weeknight Dinners
Author: the communal feast
For the marinade:
1/3cupFresh Flat-Leaf Parsleyfinely chopped
2teaspoonGround Black Pepper
1red chili pepperchopped
6-8Boneless Chicken Thighs
Optional to brush the chicken with melted maple syrup better. Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2corn husksgrilled and kernels cut off the ear
Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
Handful of arugula
Prosciutto slicestorn –can use cooked bacon as a substitute
Salt & pepper
Olive oil for dressing
Sun-dried tomato pesto –optional
1. In a mixing bowl (or a Ziploc bag), combine paprika, cayenne, chili powder, crushed garlic cloves, finely chopped parsley, salt, pepper, chopped red chilies, maple syrup and olive oil. Stir to combine.
2. Add the chicken thighs and coat each one of them with the mixture. Make sure they are all well coated before covering the bowl with plastic wrap (or locking the Ziploc bag).
3. Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
4. Set the grill to medium low. Grill on both sides until they are nice brown and cooked through. About 8 minutes per side.
5. Before serving, brush the chicken with melted maple syrup butter and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and fresh chopped parsley
To make the corn succotash simply toss all ingredients together in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season accordingly.