Warm, crumbly, buttery scones combined with the intense flavour of sundried tomatoes and basil. Enjoy these for Mother’s Day Brunch served with eggs benny and arugula salad. Did we mention these scones are Gluten Free!!
We love a good scone, crisp and crunchy on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. The fresh basil and chopped sundried tomatoes are flecked throughout and the inside is filled with pockets of butter… I mean what a perfect combination all packed into a buttery flaky scone.. YUMM
We enjoyed these scones all weekend long and plan on making these fresh for Mother’s Day brunch served our basil hollandaise eggs benny and arugula salad. Get the recipe here https://thecommunalfeast.com/2020/05/eggs-benedict-with-arugula-salad-and-basil-hollandaise/
We made these scones a little thinner and cut into round shapes to mimic English muffins but these are also delicious to serve alongside any weekend brunch with scrambled eggs, just make them slightly thicker for a delicious fluffy scone.
We made these with buttermilk which makes the dough soft and adds a nice thang. These savory scones are irresistible they have so much favour from the basil and sundried tomatoes.
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix together flour, baking powder,
baking soda, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives.
2. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Gently mix buttermilk, sun dried tomatoes and basil into dry mixture, just until it starts to stick together, do not overmix.
5. Lightly flour your surface and place your mixture on floured surface. Divide in half and roll each half into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut in triangles or circles.
6. Place on prepared pans and lightly brush each scone with buttermilk. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they are puffed and browned on top.