Homemade Rosemary Olive Herb Bread is a no-knead bread recipe that anyone can make, Packed with jumbo green olives, rosemary, chives, garlic and herbs, simple crusty bread baked in a skillet, enjoy on its own with Italian herb olive dip.
We’re not bakers but who knew you could make delicious crusty bread at home with just a few simple ingredients, a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.
Warm from the oven, my husband and I couldn’t get enough we tore a piece and dipped our bread into an Italian olive oil dip and it was simply perfection! This recipe is simple and easy to make, the long part is letting the bread proof twice in a bowl and into the skillet before baking. The final product is a delicious homemade olive bread that is rustic and crusty, perfect to serve as an appetizer and sure to impress your guests.
HOW DO YOU MAKE NO-KNEAD SKILLET OLIVE BREAD?
Start by proofing your yeast in luke warm water. Add one cup of flour, salt and seasonings, slowly mix everything together and add the remaining cups of flour one at a time mixing everything in between. Let the dough rise for an hour in a warm place. Carefully transfer your dough to an oiled cast iron skillet or dutch oven and let it rise again. Before baking drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle with korse salt, parsley and rosemary. Score the bread and bake for 30 minutes. Let it cool prior to slicing.
Spread it with butter, dip it in Italian olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a glass of wine, serve it as a sandwich or enjoy with soup.
Homemade Rosemary Olive Herb Bread is a no-knead bread recipe that anyone can make, Packed with jumbo green olives,rosemary, chives, garlic and herbs, simple crusty bread baked in a skillet,enjoy on its own with Italian herb olive dip.
Author: the communal feast
1package traditional active dry yeast2-1/4 teaspoons
4-1/3cupsbread flourdivided (all purpose works)
1cupOlivesdrained and roughly chopped
2tablespoonsfresh rosemarychopped plus extra for garnish
1tablespoonfresh chopped chives
Sprinkle of korse salt for garnish
dried parsley for garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine water and yeast, let active for 10 minutes
2. Add 1 cup of flour and salt; stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. Stir in olives, herbs, garlic and garlic powder.
4. Add remaining flour, one cup at a time, stirring until thoroughly combined.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm spot
6. Add a tablespoon of olive oil in an 8-inch cast iron skillet; using your fingers, coat bottom and sides of skillet with the olive oil.
7. Flour your hands; remove plastic wrap and using your hands, transfer dough to prepared skillet and shape into a disk
8. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
10. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt, rosemary and parsley.
11. Score the top of the loaf with a knife.
12. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is nicely browned
13. Remove from oven, let the bread cool in the skillet for 10 minutes. Place on wire rack to finish cooling.