Prosciutto bruschetta with melted camembert cheese, honey, salty prosciutto and coppa, grilled asparagus finished with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Add fried eggs to make this a complete brunch dish, perfect for Mother’s Day brunch, lunch or even as an appetizer.
This is a simple brunch recipe that is easy to assemble, looks beautiful and is definitely a fun menu item when you’re hosting brunch! We love prosciutto on sandwiches, as an appetizer, on charcuterie and for brunch! We also love asparagus, roasting them on the grill, in the oven as a side dish, chopped into pieces and added to salads.. yum! Why not add these two together with some melted cheese, honey and parmesan.
I made this dish for a quick breakfast – lunch after our weekend workout and they were soo GOOD! I added a fried egg for some extra protein. This recipe is easy to make, requires a few ingredients and comes together quickly.
What ties this together is the honey. Out of all the yummy ingredients, the honey really adds a nice sweetness and helps bring the dish together. The honey helps enhance the flavours of the creamy melted camembert cheese, the salty prosciutto and coppa and the roasted asparagus.
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy to prepare brunch recipe!
1. Thinly slice a baguette; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive
oil and sprinkle with salt and top with camembert cheese slices. Bake at 425 degrees F until lightly golden, about 7 minutes or until the cheese melts just enough.
2. Toss halved asparagus spears with olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F until slightly crisp, 7 minutes.
3. Optional to fry some eggs for added protein
3. Drizzle honey over the melted camembert cheese or brie cheese.
4. Next top with 3-4 asparagus spears and add one slice of prosciutto and one slice of coppa on top.
5. Garnish each baguette with freshly grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese.