Crispy sesame pan-fried noodles, loaded with fresh veggies tossed in the easiest sauce. It’s the perfect easy go-to meal when you’re craving Chinese food but don’t want to spend a fortune on take-out. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish and uses just one-pan.
Take-out food somehow always taste so good. Is it because how readily available and accessible it can be? Definitely not the cost.. I find it satisfies you in a different way but who can afford to eat out all the time… NOT US that’s for sure.
Often eating based on what we’re craving at that moment I have been wanting some sort of stir fry noodles with sesame for a while. I completely forgot that I used to make these noodles all the time when I would come home late from work and needed a quick bite to eat. I can assure you this method has stood the test of time and I’ve been making them for many many years. We love how they have the perfect amount of crispiness.
To make things easier, when cooking at a higher heat a best practice is to have all of your ingredients readily available near the stove. That way during the cooking process your just grabbing already chopped ingredients and dumping them in your hot pan. No one wants to be scrambling around the kitchen cutting veggies while the food being cooked is burning.
This recipe is easy to warm up if you have any leftovers or if you want to make it in advance and pack it into lunches for the week. There’s no meat but you could easily add some sort of protein if you choose. I would recommend giving it a quick marinate before hand.
We hope you enjoy our version of Chinese take out noodles! Don’t forget to tag us @thecommunalfeast and use #thecommunalfeast
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Should be about 2-4 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat a large pan or wok over high heat. Add 1 TBS of oil, along with the shallots, onions, and garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add 1 TBS of oil to the pan and cook the noodles. Start by slowly adding the noodles making sure not to overcrowd the pan as they won’t crisp evenly. Do this in batches if needed. Toss the noodles in the oil to evenly coat and cook for 3 minutes until they become a golden colour and crispy. Let the noodles sit without touching to crisp.
5. Stir in the sauce, tossing the noodles to combine. Add the snap peas and cooked veggies tossing until the sauce is fully absorbed.
6. Serve with bean sprouts, and top with green scallions, and sesame seeds.