The BEST Brioche French toast! This recipe is easy to make at
home and perfect for those weekend brunches with the family or any day of the
week! Serve these buttery French toasts with butter, blueberry bacon jam,
coconut whip cream and maple syrup.
The BEST Brioche French toast! This recipe is easy to make at home and perfect for those weekend brunches with the family or any day of the week! Serve these buttery French toasts with butter, blueberry bacon jam, coconut whip cream and maple syrup.
1 ½pintsof fresh blueberries
Butter for cooking
Coconut whip cream
Cornflakesfor crunchy French toast, dip bread in crumbled cornflakes after the egg/milk dip
1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and place slices of bacon on sheet. Cook for 25-30 mins. For extra crispy bacon turn oven temperature down for last 10 mins (total cook time 35mins)
3. While the bacon is cooking start prepping the other ingredients for cooking
4. Slice brioche loaf into nice thick slices (the thicker the better, will hold better in the wet ingredients since you want to get a nice soak for better flavor)
5. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, than add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg (add to desired flavor –about 2 tsps each)
6. Now that your bacon is almost half way done, its time to start the blueberry jam.
7 In a saucepan, add fresh blueberries and honey, bring to a boil and simmer until the bacon is done.
8. Once the bacon is cooked and has been patted dry, crumble into small pieces and add to the jam along with some fresh thyme. Let simmer for about 10 mins just to get some of that bacon flavour into your jam. Turn heat off and let sit until French toast is ready to serve
9. In a saucepan, melt butter (remember you want to add butter everytime one of your pieces of French toast is done to get that nice buttery flavour)
10.. Dip the bread into the egg / milk mixture and place in saucepan. (I turn the bread in the wet mixture about 2 times per side to make sure each side is coated nicely with the wet ingredients and spices)
11. Flip the bread when nice and golden on one side and set aside for serving.
12. Repeat steps until you have enough to feed everyone.
For serving simply top each piece with the jam, coconut whip cream, fresh blueberries and maple syrup