1. In a medium sauce pan, cook the cherries until softened and juice is released and reduced by half.. 10 minutes. Liquify half in a blender or use the back of a spoon for chunkier texture. Reserve the other half to keep in their shape for cherry chunks. Combine together and chill.
2. Gently whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Stir in cooled cherries.
3. Beat heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Fold both mixtures together until just combined.
4. Freeze 8 hours before serving.
5. To serve: scoop ice cream into serving bowl, slice banana in half lengthwise and position on the outside of the ice cream scoops like a sandwich. Scoop more ice cream if needed, top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chopped nuts and finish with cherries
*chocolate sauce: microwave 1/3 cup of chocolate chips or chunks with 1 tsp of coconut oil for 30-45 seconds until melted.
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
additional time: 8 HOURS
total time: 8H20 MINUTES
If you’re looking for an epic summer dessert that wows and for all ages, you need this banana split. This treat takes us back down memory lane with a classic childhood favorite. Banana splits were always a huge hit- why did we stop making them? Their super fun and easy to customize. This old-fashioned treat got a little bit of an upgrade and makeover. Instead of a trio of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream, we made a homemade cherry ice cream, kept the banana and fun toppings you usually see.
No-Churn Cherry Ice Cream Banana Splits. Soft, creamy, perfectly sweet cherry ice cream swirled with chunks of cherries scooped sandwiched between ripe bananas dolloped in whipped cream sauced up in chocolate and finished with crushed peanuts. The sundae of your childhood self dreams!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and take a picture and tag it on Instagram! We love to see what you come up with. #thecommunalfeast Follow along our social media account on instagram for quick videos on how our recipes come together!
No-churn ice cream is ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. You can create that fluffy, rich creamy texture just the same without the fancy tools. This cherry ice cream get’s it’s creamy consistency from the whipped cream combined with sweetened condensed milk. This combination is by far the easiest and most consistent method to achieve delicious no-churn ice cream. Simply whip heavy cream until it’s light and fluffy, fold in the cherry flavoured sweetened condensed milk and then freeze it! We like to chill the sweetened condensed milk prior to get a better fluffy consistency.