Delicious smoked meat deli sandwich turned into a tangy cheesy pizza. Montreal smoked meat, chopped dill pickles, red onions and mozzarella cheese finished with yellow mustard makes for a quick and easy dinner ready in 15 minutes.
You guys are going to love this deconstructed version of your favorite deli sandwich. This is a must try whether your just making dinner for your family or on game night!
For a faster cooking time we went with pre made store bough pizza dough from Farm boy and Montreal smoked meat from the deli counter. We decided to cook our pizza on the BBQ using a cast iron pizza pan which we coated in olive oil and dusted with some semolina. The heat from the BBQ add the perfect amount of smoke to the pizza and also provides a nice almost deep fried crisp to the crust.
Garnish the pizza with chopped dill pickles, chopped red onions and a drizzle of yellow mustard as if you were eating a real smoked meat sandwich. We also added pizza sauce and freshly grated mozzarella with a mix of shredded cheddar cheese to turn to delicious sandwich into a pizza because we can’t get enough of pizza!
If you guys loved smoked meat and pizza than this is a winning combo!
We hope you enjoyed our deconstructed version of smoked meat sandwiches!
Don’t forget to share on social media and tag us! @thecommunalfeast
1. Pre heat BBQ to medium high heat
2. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on the bottom of a cast iron pizza pan making sure to cover the entire pan. Dust the pizza pan with semolina. (If you don’t have a cast iron pan you can always cook the pizza according to the dough or crust directions in the oven)
3. Place the crust into the cast iron pan. Spoon your pizza sauce and evenly coat the crust. Next add a small amount of mozzarella and sprinkle it over the crust. Add your Montreal smoked meat, chopped dill pickles and chopped red onions. Next add the remainder of your cheese.
4. Place the cast iron pan directly on the BBQ, close the lid and let cook for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts. Optional to broil the top of the pizza in the oven once cooked.
5. Remove the pizza from the oven or grill and drizzle with a small amount of yellow mustard. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.