Warm & cozy healthy chicken pot pie soup loaded with chicken, veggies all in a rich creamy dairy free broth! It’s the best kind of comfort food that is gluten free and Whole30 approved.
If you love chicken pot pie than this soup is for you! The soup is rich and creamy but not over the top. It’s a healthy twist on chicken pot pie that is still comforting and filling. I love chicken pot pie and the buttery crust was my favorite part. When I decided to give the Whole30 diet a go I found it hard to find ways to make delicious food that was compliant with the diet. This is where this soup comes in! Its Whole30 approved where you still get to enjoy the delicious comfort food you love like chicken pot pie without sacrificing your taste buds.
I made this soup using roasted bone broth I already had in the refrigerator, the store bought chicken broth will do just fine. I added two scoops of collagen bone broth, because why not! Its added nutrients to your soup that doesn’t impact the flavour. If you have some on hand, add it in, otherwise this is really an optional step.
To get a creamy rich soup we went with pureed cashews or cauliflower blended with coconut cream or full fat coconut milk since these ingredients are dairy free and gives the soup its creamy finish. This step is definitely something I wouldn’t leave out.
If you’re a soup lover and
love comfort food, give this soup a go!
Let us know what you think
and share on your social!
Warm& cozy healthy chicken pot pie soup loaded with chicken, veggies all in a rich creamy dairy free broth! It’s the best kind of comfort food that is gluten free and Whole30 approved.
Author: the communal feast
2large boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite-sized chunks
2Tbsp.ghee or olive oil
1/2yellow onion diced
3carrots peeled and diced
3stalks celery sliced
1poundYukon gold potatoes washed and diced
2cupschicken broth or stock
2tbspcollagen bone broth -optional
1cupfull-fat canned coconut cream or milk
1cupcashews or cauliflower floretsto puree
2Tbsp.fresh thyme leaves
2sprigs of fresh sage
2sprigs fresh oregano
1tbspherb de Provence
Salt and pepper to taste
fresh cracked black pepper
fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat the ghee or olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until the onions are soft, add the garlic about a minute or until fragrant.
2. Next add the potatoes, chicken broth, herb de Provence, bone broth, fresh sage, fresh oregano (Keep herd whole, we will be discarding them later) and fresh thyme to your pot.
3. Bring to a boil and cook 4 minutes.
4. Add your cooked chicken breasts and frozen peas, cook for 5 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender.
5. Meanwhile, make your cashew-coconut cream. Add cashews or cauliflower florets and coconut cream or milk to a blender, blend until mixture turns into a thick cream. Add water if to thick or if you’re having a hard time blending everything.
6. Add your cashew-coconut cream to the pot and stir well. Finish with plenty of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
7. To serve remove the whole herbs –the sage and the oregano
8. Garnish each bowl with fresh chopped parsley, fresh thyme and fresh oregano, serve.