Simple fried eggs served with roasted tomatoes and cremini mushrooms topped with basil pesto, fresh cracked pepper and avocado. Quick and easy Whole30 breakfast filled with healthy fats and nutrients.
We often skip breakfast on the weekends because we love to fast and get our workout in on an empty stomach but sometimes we just crave bacon and eggs on the weekends and have brunch instead of two separate meals.
If you’re like us, sometimes your weekends are just jam packed with things to do so we decided to make a quick and easy Whole30 breakfast that is light, delicious and will keep you energized!
The roasted tomatoes and mushrooms are a nice substitute from breakfast potatoes especially when you’re trying to keep your meal light or watching your figure. We stayed away from carbs here but if you feel like you need more protein to help fill you up, why not cook 3 eggs instead of 2 but if you’re not following the Whole30 program and want to make this a heartier breakfast you can roast some breakfast sausages with your tomatoes and mushrooms or even bacon with toast.
We went with a gorgeous sunny side up egg on top. The yolk works well with the avocados and mushroom tomato mixture. We cooked the eggs using Ghee. If you’ve never had Ghee before all it is is clarified butter which is all natural, it contains plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A and helps kick-start your body’s fat burning metabolism to help burn fat for fuel; however should only be consumed in small quantities much like all fats.
We topped this off with fresh cracked pepper and everything bagel seasoning.
We hope you enjoyed this refreshing breakfast as much as we did!
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degress
2. Place tomatoes and mushrooms on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and toss everything together. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes
3. Slice your avocados and fan out on plate for serving. See photos
4. To a pan, heat ½ tbsp. of Ghee (you really don’t need a lot in the pan, Ghee is very fatty and is quick to heat). Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot, crack your eggs and let fry for about 3-4 minutes until the edges start to brown. To help make sure the top cooks you can cover the eggs for 1 minutes.
5. Once your eggs are cooked, slide them off into your plate next to your roasted tomato & mushrooms and avocados. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper and everything bagel seasoning
6. Serve warm