So simple and amazingly delicious. The easiest healthy vegan Black Forest dessert recipe you can make without baking. Creamy chocolate chia pudding, loaded with nutrients, cherry jam, almond & cherry whip cream topped with dark chocolate shavings and fresh cherries.
This is a Low-Carb Overnight Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding perfect
for dessert or even an elegant morning parfait.
Chia seeds have become recognized as a modern day superfood. These tiny black seeds are packed with nutrients that have very few calories, are high in protein and omegas plus are loaded with antioxidants.
Like any chia pudding, this
one requires some overnight prep. You’ll need to mix the chia pudding ahead of
time and let it sit in the fridge overnight to make sure the chia seeds can gel
and form the pudding.
We decided to serve this
recipe as a decadent dessert, seeing as we are always craving chocolate after
dinner. Feel free to modify this recipe and turn it into a healthy breakfast
parfait. We suggest sticking to one version of whip cream –the almond whip and
topping this with shaved almonds, granola and chocolate shavings.
Black forest chia pudding is a brilliant alternative to unhealthy desserts, its easy to make and makes for an indulgent yet guilt free dessert or weekend brunch snack.
So simple and amazingly delicious. The easiest healthy vegan Black Forest dessert recipe you can make without baking. Creamy chocolate chia pudding, loaded with nutrients, cherry jam, almond & cherry whip cream topped with dark chocolate shavings and fresh cherries
Author: the communal feast
For the black Chia pudding:
Splash of vanilla
2tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
1cupunsweetened almond milk
2tablespoonsmaple syrup or as much as you like
Mix the ingredients and stir well. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
For the cherry jam:
2cupsdark pitted cherriesyou can use frozen
Squeeze of lemon juice
For the almond cream:
1handful of soaked and peeled almonds
2tbsraw cacao powder
Splash vanilla extract
Splash almond extract
Mix all Ingredients in a high speed blender until well combined and smooth.
For the cherry coconut whip cream:
1can coconut cream
Fresh dark cherries
Dark chocolate shavings
1. For the Chocolate Chia Pudding Layer, stir together the milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Once the pudding has “gelled”, divide it between glass jars.
2. For the Cherry Jam Layer, add the cherries and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cover the saucepan and cook until the cherries are soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a splash more water if needed. Mash up the cherries with a fork, and stir in the sugar and lemon. Cool to room temperature, and then store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Once cooled, spoon the Cherry Jam on top of the chia puddings.
3. For the almond cream, add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, using a high speed blender, blend until you get stiff peaks –just like making whip cream
4. For the cherry coconut cream, all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, using a high speed blender, blend until you get stiff peaks –just like making whip cream
1. Layer the jars with chocolate chia pudding
2. Add a layer of cherry jam
3. Spoon a layer of the almond cream over the jam
4. Add another layer of cherry jam
5. Finish of with cherry coconut cream
Garnish with dark chocolate shavings and fresh cherries