1. Place the miso, maple syrup, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red chilli paste in a bowl and whisk to combine. Remove ¼ of the mixture and set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining marinade and toss to coat. Add the buttermilk and let marinade for at least 30 minutes or more. Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water.
2. When the chicken has marinated, drain the bamboo skewers and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
3. Once the chicken is ready to cook, place the shishito peppers on your foil and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt. Cover with foil.
4. Spray the grill with cooking spray and preheat grill to medium heat. Place the chicken and peppers on the grill. Turn the chicken every 4-5 minutes brushing each time with the reserved marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with a small amount of shischimi togarashi when almost done. Cook until the chicken is cooked through which is about 12-15 minutes. Cook the shishito peppers until blistered, this only takes a few minutes.
5. To make the dipping sauce, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
6. Toss the shishito peppers in 2 tablespoons of dipping sauce.
7. To assemble, place the chicken skewers on a serving tray, place the shishito peppers around. Sprinkle everything with shichimi togarashi seasoning and chopped green onions.
Serve with dipping sauce on the side.