A classic margarita gets a fresh fall twist. Combine fresh apple cider, lime juice, smoky tequila, a touch of cinnamon and a smig of syrup for the perfect fall cocktail.
- per single cocktail
- 2 oz. mezcal sub for a smoky tequila
- 2 oz fresh apple cider
- .5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- .25 oz cinnamon thyme syrup see notes
- ground cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar rim
- lime wedge for rimming
- garnish: dehydrated citrus wheel fresh herbs, cinnamon stick
1. In a shallow dish combine equal parts granulated sugar + cinnamon, run a lime wedge around the glass and rim in cinnamon sugar.
2. To a shaker: combine tequila, apple cider, lime juice, syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. Shake over ice and pour into glass over fresh ice.
3. Serve immediately.
Cinnamon thyme syrup: Bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a slow boil. When boiling, add 5 sprigs of thyme and 2 cinnamon sticks, stir to combine and let simmer on low to thicken for 10 minutes. Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool completely before serving. Store in a glass jar with a lid up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
To make dehydrated citrus wheels: thinly slice limes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place lime wheels leaving space in between. Cook at 200 degrees F for 1 hour until limes begin to turn golden and crisp.