1. Combine the active dry yeast with warmed eggnog and sugar. Let sit 5-10 minutes, until the mixture begin to foam.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the dough hook, mix together the eggnog and yeast with butter, vanilla and eggs until well combined. Add the salt and 3/4 of the flour, mixing until the flour is fully incorporated. Slowly add the remaining flour mixing until a dough ball starts to form. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. The dough should be soft and a touch sticky, not dry. Pull the dough ball out, add a touch of olive oil to bowl and add the dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 45 minutes in a warm area until the dough has doubled in size.
3. To make the candied pecan filling: add the pecans to a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin to create smaller pieces and chopped pecans. In a saucepan, heat sugar, water and pecans. Bring to a slow boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Strain out the liquid, and transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Arrange pecans in a single layer. Combine the grown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl to create the cinnamon sugar filling. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar over the candied pecans and let cool.
4. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and turn out the dough ball. Roll out the dough into a large thin rectangle that's roughly 10 x 20 inches. Spread softened butter across the rolled out dough, dust with the remaining cinnamon sugar and then the candied pecans into an even layer. Gently press the pecans into the dough with your hands, roll the long edge into a tight log. Pinch and seal the seem and both sides of the log. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 rolls, place the rolls into a greased large baking dish or large baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45-1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Bake rolls for 25 minutes until golden brown.
6. To make the frosting: cream together the cream cheese and butter until combined. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time with the maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and milk. Mix until light and fluffy.
7. Spread the frosting onto the warm rolls and enjoy!