PESTO WHIPPED RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
Easy Whipped Ricotta Toast with basil arugula pesto, oven roasted tomatoes finished with chives and freshly cracked black pepper. Grilled rye bread and creamy whipped ricotta cheese blended with fresh pesto served up with roasted tomatoes. This is the simplest lunch of brunch yet so amazingly GOOD that’s quick and easy to make.
- Arugula pesto:
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup basil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup garlic oil if you cant find garlic oil, mince your garlic and let soak in olive oil for a few minute
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Rye bread
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the tomatoes blister for about 10-15 minutes.
2. To make the pesto, add all ingredients to a food processor, pulse and slowly drizzle in olive oil until all the ingredients are blended together. Scoop out pesto and drizzle some olive oil over top to keep the pesto loose.
3. To the food processor, add the ricotta and 2-3 Tbsp of pesto. Whip the ricotta for 2 minutes until it turns soft and creamy.
4. To assemble the toast, toast your rye bread, next spread the whipped ricotta over the toast, add your tomatoes slices ans finish with fresh chopped chives and fresh cracked pepper.