5. Peel and grate sweet potatoes. Place grated sweet potatoes into a dish cloth and squeeze as much excess moisture out as possible. Add gratings to a large bowl.
6. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Heat oil into a cast iron pan about ½ cup or enough to cover the sweet potato patties halfway.
8. Using a measuring cup (1/3 cup) scoop mixture into hands and form into a patty. Place patties in hot oil and fry for about 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through all the way.
9. Place fried patties onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.