BANANA SPLIT CHIA BREAKFAST PARFAIT
Banana split breakfast jars made with a simple vanilla chia pudding, layered with dark chocolate sauce, hemp seed granola and topped with strawberry nicecream for a healthy plant-based sweet treat you can serve for breakfast or on-the-go.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk can use almond milk or Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 bananas’ peeled cut in half and then cut lengthwise
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen bananas
- Dark chocolate sauce store bought or melt ½ cup dark chocolate with 1 tbsp of butter over a bain marie
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
1. To make the chia pudding, mix the chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup together in a bowl. Transfer to a jar with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours
2. To make the strawberry nicecream, blend frozen strawberries with frozen bananas in a blender. Be sure to scrape the sides down to get the fruit moving in the blender a few times until you get a thick sorbet like consistency. This can take 5 minutes. If the fruit is really frozen and wont mix in the blender add a small amount of milk.
3. To layer the jars start by adding a layer of chia pudding at the bottom of your jar, next place your sliced banana’s along the edges of the jar, adding a bit more chia pudding to secure them in place. Next add a layer of chocolate sauce, then granola and strawberry nicecream. Repeat layers and top with a generous amount of strawberry nicecream. Garnish with extra chocolate sauce, fresh strawberries, fresh bananas and granola.