ALMOND CRUSTED SALMON BOWLS
Fresh salmon cubes crusted with almonds and black sesame seeds then fried to perfection in the air fryer served over glass noodles with a bed of sautéed cabbage, garlic fried mushrooms, sweet potato rounds and avocado. Fast and easy dinner recipe ready in 30 minutes.
- 1/2 lbs salmon cut into triangle cubes
- ¾ cup almonds ground in the food processor
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 4 ounces cremini of shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 sweet potato washed and cut into rounds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- ½ cups glass noodles cooked
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp ponzu sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chili paste
- Furikake seasoning
- Togarashi mayo or sriracha mayo
- Lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the sweet potato rounds on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the rounds are crisp. -Flip half way
3. For the salmon, mix together the almonds and black sesame seeds into a plate. Dip the salmon cubes in the egg whites and then into the almond and sesame crumbs. Press each salmon cube into the mixture to ensure they are fully coated. Place on a tray until ready to cook.
4. Heat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
5. Spray the bottom of the tray with olive oil, place the salmon cubes in the air fryer, spray the tops with olive oil and air fry for 4 minutes per side until nice and golden.
6. Option to bake or shallow fry. To bake heat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes. To shallow fry, heat vegetable oil in a pan, fry the cubes for 2-3 minutes per side.
7. To make the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
8. To sautee the cabbage, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan, add chopped shallot and cook until translucent about 2 minutes. Next add the cabbage and sautee until just wilted about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, add a splash of soy sauce and rice vinegar.
9. Heat olive oil in a pan, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until dark in colour. Season with salt and pepper, next add the 3 cloves of minced garlic, cook for an additional 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
10. To assemble the bowls: Divide the noodles between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with Furikake seasoning or Togarashi, drizzle with a small amount of sauce, next arrange the cabbage, sweet potato rounds, mushrooms and avocado wedges in the bowl. Top with salmon cubes and spoon some sauce over the entire bowl. Finish with togarashi mayo, scallions and lime wedge