persimmon and burrata focaccia sandwich
Quick homemade persimmon puree and sun-dried tomato pesto spread across focaccia bread paired with creamy burrata cheese and salty prosciutto.
- 1 loaf homemade or store bought focaccia
- 2 medium sized persimmons hachiya or fuyu, skin peeled
- 8 slices os prosciutto more for thicker sandwich
- 1 4 oz ball of fresh burrata cheese
- 1 TBS sun-dried tomatoes plus oil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
In a food processor or blender, combine roughly chopped persimmons, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tsp of the oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Blend into a smooth consistency and no chunks are visible. About 2 minutes.
Cut the focaccia lengthwise and warm both halves in the oven at 350 for about 4 minutes until warmed through. It should be slightly toasted but still soft.
Spread the pesto on the bottom half covering entirely. With your hands break apart the burrata ball over top and spread. Careful as it will ooze out once opened. Finish with a layer of prosciutto. Cut into quarters and serve immediately.