black truffle pasta
An elegant 5 star dinner made in the comfort of your own home. Each bowl of pasta is finished with freshly grated truffles, parmesan cheese, and sprinkled with parsley for a pop of colour. It’s perfection.
- 1 pound of tagliatelle pasta
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-3 Fresh black truffles shaved or very thinly sliced (depending on the size)
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water before draining. Drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned seasoning with salt and pepper, 5 minutes. Add about 1 TBS of shaved truffle and cook with the mushrooms until fragrant about 1 minute. Add a little bit of the reserved water to the skillet, then add the drained pasta, a little parmesan and stir until thicken and heated through. Add more pasta water if dry.
3. Serve immediately by spooning the pasta into bowls, add more parmesan and finish with fresh shaved truffles and some parsley.