1. Mix together steak seasoning ingredients: garlic powder, chili powder, savory, dry mustard and pepper. Season both sides of the fillet with steak seasoning.
2. Set oven to 400 degrees
3. Heat your cast iron grilling pan over medium to high heat with 1 tbsp of butter. When the pan is hot place your fillet in the pan and sear both sides for about 2 minutes to get nice grill marks.
4. Remove pan from the heat and add a few more tbsp. of butter to keep the steak nice and moist. Place in the oven for about 5-6 minutes depending on thickness of your meat,
you might need to adjust cooking time.
5. Once the steak has reached preferred level of doneness –I like medium-rare to medium, let the steak rest of a cutting board. Once the steak is rested, gently slice across the grain.
6. To make the romesco sauce, pulse everything together in a blender until its texturally right for you –mostly smooth
7. To make the salad toss all ingredients in a bowl and dress with favorite dressing (I used a store bought olive oil salad dressing to save time)
8. Now its time for platting. You can serve the Romesco sauce warm or cold, spoon a large amount onto the plate and drag your spoon gently across the sauce to create a nice base for the steak. Place sliced fillet mignon on top of romesco sauce. You can fan it out like the in the pictures for a more elegant platting. Add your side salad to the plate and serve.