1. Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
2. Cut pieces of foil large enough to wrap each beet individually and spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Cook for 45-60 minutes depending on the size. Remove from the oven and let sit a few minutes.
4. Make the pasta according to the directions of the package. Once the pasta is cooked al dente (about 10 minutes for rigatoni) remove from heat and reserve 1 cup of the water and set aside for the beet sauce.
5. To make the pasta sauce, peel the skins of the beets and roughly slice. Add the beets, garlic cloves, olive oil, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes. It should be deep in colour and almost like a paste. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes and slowly add the reserve pasta water. Blend until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. (I used about ½ cup of the water)
6. Bring a large skillet to medium heat and add pink beet sauce and bring to a simmer. Add in more of the reserved pasta and simmer on low until warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning here.
7. Add in pasta and stir until pasta is fully coated.
8. Serve with burrata, almond slivers and microgreens. If you don’t have almonds or greens substitute with other nuts you have on hand and herbs like parsley or dill would pair perfectly.